Wikipedia defines Interior design as “the art and science of understanding people’s behavior to create functional spaces within a building”. An interior designer is an expert who understands the space, discusses the requirement, plans the basic elements including lighting, wood work, etc. It is a form of art that has risen as a key profession over the last ten years.
While at work, an interior designer takes care of elements like ventilation, natural light availability, appropriate planning of space available, directions of various rooms, and colors of the walls. Innovation is the key to designing the most suitable interior for any residential or commercial space.
An interior designer works with architects, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, and other utility providers to get an appropriate design of your interiors done. This includes the direction of rooms; the siting of doors and windows; the kind of windows; color of walls, furniture, doors and windows; kind of fixtures; etc. The ultimate objective is the aesthetic value considering the owner’s basic requirements.
An important requirement is to get the right interior designer whose skills and experience match with your style and expectations. These days’ integrated services are available in cities wherein the customer just needs to share his/ her expectations with respect to the style and tone required. While some people prefer bright settings, others would go with pastel shades and classic styles.
In Ludhiana, particularly, a plethora of expert interior designers are available who help you get the best out of the space available. Based on an understanding of the space available and the customer’s requirements, interior designers chart out a plan proposing appropriate options. Through an iterative process, the designing work is done as per customer’s satisfaction.
An interior designer can help you work around the weaknesses of your space. For example, the right type of lighting arrangements and color usage can help make a small room look larger. There are five principles of interior designing that experts follow to successfully address your requirement and achieve the best designing of an interior space.
• Unity/Harmony – a designer needs to maintain harmony within the space such that the color, texture, spacing, lighting, objects all complement each other and create a united visual space
• Balance – maintaining balance implies the spacing and placement of objects, lights, doors and windows is such that the interior looks organized and balances the energy and visual effect
• Focal Point – creating a central point where the focus of visitors and dwellers develops. This acts as the point of reference from which all other aspects are linked and apportioned
• Rhythm – by maintaining a pattern that repeats itself, a rhythm is created that is visually appealing
• Scale and Proportion – all the fixtures and objects need to be proportionate to each other to create a visually appealing look, e.g., the kind of furniture to be used for low-ceiling interiors would be different than the one used otherwise
Try discussing your interior requirements with an expert and you will see the difference!